The global transportation sector, which encompasses train, ship, truck, and air transport, is currently experiencing dramatic breakthroughs both in technology and in the automation leveraging it. This industry requires reliable, high-performance, and cost-effective on-board edge computing devices and systems, including those for storage and memory components.
The system performance must be optimized for rapid data transfer, low latency, high-endurance storage, and solid protection against data loss from power failure. These systems must also operate in harsh environments – high altitude, high humidity, extreme temperatures, shock, and vibration. Virtium’s industrial-grade solid-state storage and memory products are designed and manufactured for the transportation industry.
Virtium has the right industrial embedded iTemp (-40ºC to 85ºC) solutions.
Our Memory products feature:
- Multiple form factors, capacities and unique profiles
- Ultra Low Profile (ULP) and Very Low Profile (VLP) form factors
- Patented stacking technology
- 30μ gold-coated contacts, underfill, and conformal coating
Our Storage products feature:
- Multiple form factors, NAND technologies, wide range of capacities
- vtGuard™ – power loss protection
- Optimized firmware for different NAND technologies: SLC, MLC and 3D TLC
- SATA SMART Interface and support for NVMe-cli.org command line tool
- AES Encryption , Crypto Erase, and optional TCG Opal
- StorKit® Software for monitoring and management storage