Embedded Computers, Microcontrollers, Board Level Design
Location: Virtium Corporate, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Department: Quality and Testing
Job Description / Responsibilities:
Virtium LLC is seeking an SSD Failure Analysis Engineer to join our Quality team in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA. This individual will help perform failure analysis on units returned from the field. This job requires a technically strong, self-motivated engineer with strong communication and documentation skills, with ability to perform FA on various storage products (of varying technologies).
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Working knowledge of various storage product interfaces/protocols e.g. (SATA, PCIe/NVMe, SD, CF, eUSB etc.). Knowledge of memory products is a plus
- At least 3 years of system level experience with focus on HW/FW Design or Failure Analysis
- Able to read HW files like PCB Schematics, layout files, Signal Integrity reports, Eye Diagrams and component specifications/datasheets
- Familiarity with various HW tools like oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, protocol analyzers (bus analyzers) etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multiple project environment with minimal supervision
- Strong documentation skills and strong knowledge of MS Office applications like Word, Power-point etc.
- Familiarity with the Windows and Linux operating environments
- Knowledge of Jira is a plus
- Must be detail oriented and data driven to analyze forensic data to identify root causes of failures
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
As a part of this role, the candidate will perform but not limited to the following functions:
- Perform detailed Failure Analysis on units returned from field to determine the root cause of the failure
- Work in a cross-functional environment with core engineering, production, sales, field engineers, to complete root cause analysis
- Recommend and help implement corrective actions based on the Failure analysis and the determined root cause
- Document findings and generate comprehensive FA reports and other FA documentation (like 8D Corrective Actions)
- Represent Virtium in customer meetings and other internal meetings, to explain FA reports, 8D Corrective Actions and root cause analysis