vtView Supports Windows, Broad Range of Industrial-Embedded Linux Operating Systems
RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA, Calif. – Feb. 17, 2016 – Virtium, a leading solutions-driven provider of industrial solid state drive (SSD) and memory products, today announced vtView® SSD software. Compiled for over 15 different operating-system environments, vtView is designed to reside on target platforms, and enables original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to retrieve time- and temperature-based SSD usage information. When used in conjunction with the vtView web-based data analytics app, users can confidently and precisely understand how application workloads impact SSD usage, expected life, and power-off data retention.
vtView is compatible with Virtium StorFly® SATA and PCIe SSDs, as well as TuffDrive® embedded USB solutions.
Designers, system architects, sustaining engineers, and managers of service centers can use vtView to fully understand how Virtium SSDs are being used in their systems. Usage benefits include:
• Design engineers and system architects can understand how changes in their application software or data patterns will affect product longevity.
• Sustaining engineers can use vtView to compare and qualify new SSDs faster, with a more complete data set.
• Service center managers can quickly identify how the SSD has been used to aid in implementing warranty and service policies.
“With vtView, system designers integrating SATA, PCIe or USB solid-state storage now have a convenient, intuitive tool already written and compiled for their environment,” said Scott Phillips, vice president of marketing at Virtium. “Users can then easily see how their application software, workload and temperature will affect overall system performance, reliability and data retention.”
vtView’s Unique Features
• Monitors usage, remaining life and operating temperature.
• Supports all form factors, capacities and classes of Virtium StorFly SATA and PCIe SSDs, and TuffDrive USB SSDs.
• Works seamlessly with a broad range of Linux and Windows operating systems used in industrial-embedded application environments.
• Web-based tool for data analytics.
• Industry-first power-off data retention estimations.
Availability, Further Information
Virtium’s vtView web-based SSD-monitoring software is available today as a value-add for customers of the company’s SSDs. For more information, visit www.vtView.virtium.com, call 888.847.8486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information on Virtium and its broad portfolio of storage and memory solutions can be found on the company’s newly updated website: www.virtium.com.
Virtium is a leading supplier of industrial-grade solid-state storage and memory solutions for the world’s top OEMs. For nearly two decades, it has designed and built its products in the USA, fortified by a global network of sales and support locations. Virtium’s world-class technology and unsurpassed customer support result in superior industrial embedded solutions for our interconnected world.
vtView, StorFly and TuffDrive are registered trademarks of Virtium LLC. All other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
CommonGround Communications, for Virtium